Pregnancy Cravings

Cravings are amazing. When you get pregnant, you might start craving things you didn't even remember exist or you haven't had in many years, and often are very specific things. At least that's something I can tell you from my own experience. 
I've been asked about my personal pregnancy cravings so I thought it would be fun to share with you what have I been craving so far during my pregnancy.  Not only have I been craving certain foods, but I've also been hating some. 

In the very beginning of my pregnancy (which made me also wonder if I was pregnant) I was craving some foods that I hadn't had in years like literally years but at the same time, I didn't really have an appetite. One of them was cheeseballs/juustonaksut. I was at work at the time and out of nowhere I started craving these so much, I thought what's wrong with me. It was such an odd craving for me because I barely ever eat chips.  The other one was pretty similar to this, what happened. I was, again at work and hungry. All I wanted was creamy semolina porridge/mannapuuro and strawberries. I really started to wonder what's going on with my food cravings because I never get them like this...little did I know, I was preggo. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle mannapuuroKuvahaun tulos haulle juustonaksut

Another craving at the beginning of my pregnancy was karelian pie/karjalanpiirakka. For the longest, I also wanted to have only smoothies and fruit (especially mango) for food - solid food. So then I was making lots of soups, smoothies, and juices for myself. One of the biggest craving was carrot juice/porkkanamehu so then my lovely husband always brought me carrot juice to have in hand. He thought it was funny that I was eating "baby foods" only for some period of time but I couldn't eat much. The food also had to be light, I couldn't have anything too heavy or I would only have few mouthfuls of it and I was full :D 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle smoothie bowlKuvahaun tulos haulle carrot juice

During this hot summer time, I've been still craving lots of juices, salads, smoothies but also nice, cold ice cream! Lately, I've got this thing for chocolate..mostly chocolate muffins with chunks of choco in them. YUM!

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chocolate chunk muffinKuvahaun tulos haulle mango

But that all being said, I'm grateful that I've been able to have a pretty balanced, versatile diet with some treats here and there and it has kept me going. Eating healthy really helps with the energy levels and is a mood booster. As everyone knows, it's the best for you and the baby, but can be a bit hard sometimes. Smoothies are also great because you can add healthy, beneficial ingredients in it and you don't even taste them. But I would just say, listen to your body and baby what they need, and try to incorporate healthy foods into your diet as much as you can. 

Have a lovely Monday everyone! 

XX, Vera

Comments